Breastmilk and Glucose

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Breastmilk and Glucose

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Does breastmilk increase glucose levels?
    Has anyone who is diabetic had any issues with their glucose levels spiking from drinking breastmilk?
    My suckler has experienced a spike in his glucose levels and is concerned that it may be from the breastmilk. He hasn’t changed anything else in his diet lately and the last time he suckled he got a lot of milk.

Saxon Hamm
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Arizona

I know for me, I was at my absolute strongest when I got regular feedings of what is clearly a female super power- the ability to create and share sustenance. I would love to savor that again. I am not diabetic… so I do not know the answer to your question. I am looking forward to the responses. Thank you for posing this question.

Rusted420
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

I am diabetic and have only wet suckled two women. I have never had an issue with my blood sugar elevating beyond normal limits. But I did not suckle very long on either partner but I did get a good deal of milk from the second partner

Serenity
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA

May be an increase in hormones as well causing blood sugar to elevate, if he became aroused.

Welshie🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

It’s definitely possible that it could, but hard to know in someone who is breastfeeding for pleasure. Breast milk changes composition when a baby is around 6 months old because they start to have different needs, but I don’t know how that works with relactation.

I know there is a massive difference in the sugar content between breastmilk and cow’s milk – around 200 different sugar molecules, while cows milk only has around 50, so in theory it could, but I guess it would also depend on quantities consumed. Good subject for a medical study maybe lol

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

I agree Welshie. It would be a great subject for a medical study

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

Breastmilk is naturally very sugary and calorific and sugars consumed by you can be passed on in your milk too (as can other foods such as spices and some medications of course). Do you eat a lot of fruit for example? Natural sugars all count too 🙂

Whether it’s enough to cause a sugar spike in a diabetic you probably wouldn’t know without lab tests. It is in theory possible but I suspect it would depend on how much sugar you’d consumed and how much of your milk was then consumed 🙂

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

That’s a good point. I hadn’t had any fruit Tuesday prior to nursing. He had blood tests done at his Dr’s appointment Wednesday. My milk tends to run pretty sweet though. He probably only had about 3 ounces total though. It doesn’t seem like 3 ounces would be enough to cause a spike in blood sugar

Karen
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Minnesota

Try it again a couple times and see if it continues? 🤷‍♀️

Welshie🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

Does he have a home blood glucose monitor that he could test with at intervals after consumption?

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

I’m not sure. It would be interesting for him to check a few times and see, if he does have one

Welshie🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

For sure! Blood sugar tends to spike around an hour after eating, so maybe checking every 15 minutes from about 45 onwards would give an idea. This is weirdly interesting lol

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

It is very fascinating. I’m really curious now

Grey
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Washington state

Tell him to suck it up buttercup lol

Jessica 😇😇😇😇😇
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

🤣🤣🤣

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close