Breast cancer

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Breast cancer

• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by r256.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

So as we are all about the boobs on this site i wanted to hightlight the topic of breast cancer.

This morning my friend and colleague rang me to say she has breast cancer. Stage 2, 3rd grade to be precise. She is 50 years old fit, healthy, doesnt smoke or drink. She will be starting treatment next week which includes chemo, surgery and radium and as shes very much a lady who has lived and ate organically and used natural therapies and healings in the past this has also caused her some stress.

In Ireland the statistics are 1 in 9 women and UK 1 in 7 women will have breast cancer at some point in their lives.

Also 1 in every 1000 men will also develop breast cancer.

As a 43 year old woman i can say ive never checked my breasts or had a mammogram.

Do you ladies check frequently/sometimes/rarely or never?

If you do one thing today make it a breast check please!

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s an important reminder!
    I’m 46 and haven’t gotten a mammogram yet… I just keep forgetting, then there was covid… just a bunch of bad excuses really

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please don’t put it off. Get checked regularly. Cancer sucks!

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Missouri

Good day Juicy! I myself have been a lifetime breast awareness fanatic.

I’ve had annual mammograms since I was 17. I regularly check my breasts for different lumps, density and skin or nipple changes everytime I shower or bath, and not for anything in particular other than it’s always been a part of my regular routine.

Franke
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

I work in a radiation clinic, early detection is key, try to stay on top of annual and self exams.

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Iowa

I obtain regular mammograms because my mother took HRT therapy and ended up with breast cancer from it. Mammograms are necessary and important self care. Don’t put your health care off; early detection is key. My mother is alive and well after having breast cancer twice, but she caught it early both times.

The US Medical Society recommends women 45-54 obtain annual mammograms, and women 40-44 have the option of doing so. Any family history should push you and your insurance company to consider it. Women 55 and older have the option of doing alternating years, with medical advice, unless a medical rasons to do so. I do annually….even every six months when the recommendations warrant it. I also make good health care decisions as far as food and exercise to reduce my risk as well.

Mammograms are not scary and they’re not that uncomfortable. They don’t take long to do. If you have dense breast tissue you will want to get a 3D imaging mammogram, otherwise you will be sent for a second one to verify what they could not observe clearly. The peace of mind is worth it all the way around.

Take care of and prioritize your health.

Veronica
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

Important to get checked. I was concerned about the mammogram because of lactating but did it anyway. They said everything came back normal so eases the mind. I also feel around my breasts sometimes when expressing. Extremely important.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not a fan of the actual process, but once you get it done. It’s really a huge relief.

Everything everyone said 🙂

Found the 1. The only one.
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

Early detection saves lives. Only 22% of women who have stage 4 mestastatic breast cancer survive 5 years. Almost 30% of early stage breast cancer goes mestastatic.

My wife (at the time) was diagnosed and had a surgical procedure that was supposed to get everything but the cancer went mestastatic. Very, very fortunately she was hormone receptor positive and was put on a combination of hormones that prevent the cancer from growing. That was almost 10 years ago and she lives a full and productive life to this day.

Mestastatic = Cancer spreads through the blood to other parts of the body.

Sam
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Juicy. I have been seeing a chiropractor for 4 years now. He teaches and practices it as it was originally designed and taught. Since insurance has come about many of them have left their teachings to adopt a more insurance friendly model instead. He says about every disease or illness we get has to do with the brain not being able to communicate with the tissues in the body. The brain is fully able to repair any malady. It just has to receive information from the tissues. He has MANY patients with diabetes, auto-immune diseases, Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and cancer that have begun relief or have been cured. The spine is where the blockage of information is usually happens. And all these diseases will be prevented with proper spinal alignment. It has really helped me. If anyone goes to a chiropractor, he/she needs to be one that takes x-rays. Otherwise they have no clue what places to adjust to the left or right. 70% of chiropractors don’t take x-rays at all because insurance won’t pay for them. My chiropractor does them all for $75 and he donates that money to one of sveral charities (he is not a money-grubbing practitioner).

Also, cancer cells can only utilize glucose as their single source of energy. If someone wants to get rid of cancer he/she must cut out sugar and anything that is converted to sugar (breads, pasta, most grains, all wheat products, candy, cereal, cream of wheat). You can starve out cancers. And it is medical studies that have shown this to be true. This is very much accepted, even in medical circles… but for some reason doctors don’t know or talk about it much at all. If she is having treatments for it, she should do this kind of diet anyway. It will be much easier to kill a weakened cancer at least. Bless you for walking with your friend (no matter how far away she is from you.

Sorry this is so long. Just wanted to give you enough info if you are interested – Sam

Gina
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Nebraska

I’m 46 and I’ve had two! My mom got a diagnosis a few years back but it was caught very very early and her treatments were minimal since the tumor was very small. Now she gets checked somewhat more frequently, and my sister and I get them a bit more often than we might otherwise, per a doctor’s recommendation.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

Great post Juicy! Great follow up comments. I have a couple relatives that are breast cancer survivors. Early detection was key. Thanks for the post.🤗

Paul
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • North Carolina

This is a topic very close to me. My late wife was diagnosed with breast cancer Stage 2 and had a double mastectomy, Chemo and radiation. She was cancer free for 8 years and then it came back with a vengeance and was stage 4 metastasized when she got diagnosed. She was on Ibrance for over 4 years before it lost it’s effectiveness and passed away in December of 2021. I can not over stress how important getting checked and screened is once you reach 45 and old. We where together for 48 years and shared a full on ABF experience after each of our 3 children where born. Loosing her is a pain and emotional devastation I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to have anxiety around it, because I had waited so long in between them. Plus getting your boobs squished in glass, by a nice woman,with coffee breath, just isn’t my idea of fun. But once i started up again and my results were negative. The anxiety left and now I’m back on track.
    It’s better to go and know.
    Whoo hoo. Now the colorectal exams start, id take the mamo over the CE 😆 we’re fortunate to live in a time where early detection can make a huge difference in outcome.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@natasha awe come on. What can possibly be more bracing than the purge before a colonoscopy?
    I have one coming up in my future.😁😜😂🤣

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close