A random thought to ponder.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion A random thought to ponder.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

I occasionally have random thoughts and wonderings. When not thinking of future Olympic events or imagining my time with Orion slave girls, my mind wonders about worthwhile topics.

Here’s my latest random thought:
    Is there ever a point of “too much of a good thing”?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe there is. In some cases, ‘good things’ lead to obsessions, which can lead to addiction. When seeking out the ‘good thing’ causes one to set aside other important things in life detrimentally, it might be too much.

It’s a variation of the old saying: A strength maximized is a weakness.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve always felt too much of a good thing leads to boredom and commonplace. It removes the joy one once had for whatever it is and creates a need to find something new.

So, yes, there is, but it also prevents us from being stagnated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. There is definitely too much of a good thing. As Foxy stated I feel you can’t truly appreciate the good things if there isnt some perception of “bad”, negative or normal to balance it out. Ying/yang

Jessa The Magical A cup🐰❤️
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Virginia

Really depends on what “it” is
    Chocolate? Nope
    Coffee? Heck no
    Pleasurable love? No way
    Puppy kisses? You crazy

Also depends on the person

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Missouri

I can see where “too much of a good thing” might lead to complacency, but oh the bliss of becoming complacent, lol.

I had an opportunity to enjoy too much of a good thing once and all I remember were the sunrises in the morning, sunsets in the evenings, rainbows after a nice rain shower, all of the happy birds singing everyday and thinking how lucky I was to be living at that moment and how much millions of people were missing in their hurried no notice lives and how sad I felt they’d never know the bliss.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a nerd, I like to know where phrases originate from. Like so many other catch phrases or idioms, not surprisingly Shakespeare was the first to use this idiom in it’s current form, in As You Like It. Rosalind says it to Orlando, and the use of the word “thing” here could have been humorous/suggestive as it was often used as euphemism for genitalia.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Ohio

@natasha Oh. Nope. Not in this case.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close