Where can I find info about how to suckle?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Where can I find info about how to suckle?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alexa
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Florida

I met a woman on another site who wants to suckle me. However, she’s never done it and not too familiar with ANR. What is a good resource for her to lean proper latch/suckling techniques?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The art of lactation by Jennifer Elisabeth maiden on kindle app or Amazon. Lots of info the writer has been in an anr for 15+ yrs. she wrote 5 books . Has latches in it .

r256
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

http://stargatelibraries.com/sgl0052017archives/sgl005201710011archive.html

It’s quite a long article but scroll down to the section ‘How To Nurse From A Breast’, hopefully this may help with your original question.

Jack B
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Hi, hopefully this will help:-

THE LATCH!!
    When reading posts in the ABF/ANR community or researching lactation, you’ll likely come across the word “latch” fairly often. Latch is the term used to describe the technique of sealing the lips and tongue over the nipple and areola in order to suckle milk. Latching is relatively simple in practice (almost everyone is born knowing how to do it); however, incorrect latch among adults is quite common and can reduce the effectiveness of the breast’s natural ability produce and express milk, and in some cases, prevent lactation altogether.
    Perhaps the most common misconception is that milk comes from the nipple. In fact, milk must first be moved from the mammary glands, through the milk ducts, to small milk sinuses beneath the nipple and areola. This process is stimulated by the hormone oxytocin. Proper suckling technique easily expresses milk from a filled sinus–the problem is creating the proper stimulation to release oxytocin and begin the process. Many adults are accustomed to nipple-sucking as a form of foreplay, but this stimulation is different from the more engaged suckling needed to prompt the release of oxytocin and production of milk.
    To latch correctly, the lips must be sealed against the areola, rather than just around the nipple. The recipient should try to fit as much of the breast into the mouth as is comfortable. Rolling the tongue back will pull the nipple and a portion of the areola back onto the tongue and press it against the roof of the mouth–this motion squeezes the milk sinuses behind the nipple, coaxing milk into the mouth. Minimum suction is needed because the recipient does not really “suck” milk from the breast so much as swallow any milk that has been pressed out of the sinuses. Suckling is accomplished by a pulsation of rhythmic sucking, moderate squeezing of the nipple and a portion of the areola by the tongue, and occasional swallowing. Sucking harder and squeezing roughly will not only get you nowhere, but can actually damage the milk ducts. If you’re trying to increase production, remember to continue suckling for a few minutes after the breast has emptied, which indicates to the milk ducts that they need to meet higher demand.As a couple becomes experienced with adult nursing, suckling becomes rhythmic and relaxed. When suckled properly, women often experience bouts of uterine contractions (much like the ones that occur during orgasm) as a result of the intense hormone release – reward your partner accordingly! Each partner should be sure that the other is comfortable, and speak up if any discomfort or pain occurs. It can sometimes take time for the recipient to latch on without too much interference from the teeth. It is also totally normal for a “hickey” to form above/around the nipple after suckling, especially if the suckling partner has facial hair. I personally enjoyed the extra stimulation my partner provided by lightly, rhythmically squeezing my breast while suckling–not sure if it will actually accelerate the induction process, but it feels great!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well said, Jack!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close