USA MEMBERS … Your opinions wanted, please.

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion USA MEMBERS … Your opinions wanted, please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

This site is approx. 70% USA members, so I’d like your opinions please:
    Question … is the USA map sufficient for you to search for potential partners?

I can easily add a list of 50 US States to the search box on the front page, you could then use that for a more accurate state-by-state search, rather than the USA as a whole.
    Is this needed? Or is the map sufficient?
    Comments below please.
    Thanks.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

It is fine with me. Once you get hang of it, it is easy to use. Advantage of map is, you can search within your area. It will work well if all members are active and communicate.
    Thanks for this site. It is hard work to put all together and maintain the site.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Michael,

This site is fine the way it is. A little clunky at first, but fine nonetheless. I appreciate your desire to constantly improve! And since you use the word easily, it might be a vast Improvement?

Just remember that we have heavily populated areas, and sparsely populated areas. For example Washington DC covers several States. California is 800 MI long and 300 miles wide. But the way you’ve broken it up on your site is very helpful.

You’ve done an amazing job here! Thank you very much we’ve made some connections and Friends throughout the world! And that’s hard to do with our particular proclivity!

You California friend,

Raye

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s much better now. Only issue is when I type in a female’s number code no profile comes up. Idk if that’s cause they aren’t a member anymore or because they don’t want there profile showing.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@nick (in NYC)… Thanks for your comments.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@raye… Thanks, I appreciate your comment. Yes, adding an extra drop-down menu of USA states to the front page search-box is easy, it would take 5 mins. However, all USA members would then have to fill in the newly-created “USA state” field on their profile page.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@nick (in Mass.) ..it’s probably because they are no longer a member. I will go through the map numbers from time to time and delete any inactive ones.

Lena
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

Please add states, also it’d be helpful to have a differentiation between Northern/Southern CALIFORNIA. It’s constantly assumed I’m in SoCal when I’m actually about 7-9 hrs north of LA. It also makes it hard for me to search sites since CALIFORNIA is such a large state.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@Lena.. Thanks for your comment.
    Your profile location clearly states “Sacramento CA” so if anyone is confused by that, I fear they are beyond help.
    If I get more requests like yours for a U.S. states-menu, I will do it.

PJ
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Wyoming

Please do a state by state, I’m in Wyoming and its difficult to find someone.
    PJ

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

PJ, the state by state feature was added to the search box weeks ago. And I think Wyoming is one of the states with almost zero members, unfortunately. Not many people live there?
    This site gets at least 10 new members every day, so sooner or later you’ll find someone near you. Good luck!

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

PJ, I just checked and you are the only member in Wyoming! Sorry!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just registered last night. Already figured out the map. I noticed that most of the members are from England.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Cheryl, welcome.
    There are 3 maps – USA, UK, and Europe.
    I added the search-by-USA-state to the Search Box a few weeks ago, as I received messages requesting this.
    So now you can use both, or either.
    And this site has about 70% members from the USA, about 20% from the UK, and about 10% from everywhere else.

Classified
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

I think there’s a good variety but then again those interested probably don’t even know a community like ours exist. How can we find those few more out there to the community? I say this because I feel there’s a lot more people out there with these interests but they probably don’t even know our group exists. I’ve searched my region and no luck in the middle of California

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close