Too many Ponderous and Wondrous Thoughts Syndrome

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Too many Ponderous and Wondrous Thoughts Syndrome

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Ms.Spicy 🌶️
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

Not so difficult to not think, read my previous post about this 😉

Bob willis
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Michigan

Once latched it takes a couple minutes to settle and develop a rhythm that is followed by peace, quiet and tranquility. It is common for me to require a slight nudge to return to reality… Which sucks, lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A thought is like briefly looking at the sun. Or a flash from a bright light source. The “burn” in your vision is familiar to you, you know it’s not permanent or something to worry about. You also know that the disturbance will fade and clarity returns in time, without your consious effort. Amputees describe phantom limbs. The mind is impressionable; and the impressions are sticky. All of the words you know, all of the objects you can address with a label, are millions of sticky lights, flickering their impressions into your memory. Like a night sky, a milky way twinkling across the expanse of your mind; concepts, events, feelings, hopes, your entire waking program. You will and should always see the impressions of your thoughts, but: you can relax, knowing that’s what they are: latent impressions. Sun-spots. After-effects. They aren’t permanent, and without encouragement, they will begin to fade. You will continue to see the thoughts during the entire fading process, just as you continue to see the sun-spot as it fades away from your vision. Nothing’s wrong. Just keep waiting: “meditating.” Like falling asleep, it finds you, you don’t find it. Watch the lights – watch them fade in silence. Do that, rather than encouraging them to flash anew.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@openlatchkiss well that was beautifully said, what a way with words.

Ms.Spicy 🌶️
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Massachusetts

@openlatchkiss very interesting description, I have heard the clouds floating in the sky analogy but not the Milky Way and stars or sun spots. However it seems to be more indicative to me that you perceive thoughts in that light ;-). Physiologicallyy, an electric potential difference between the inside and outside of a nerve cell, drives the transmission of the thought/impulse in the brain. These connections have memories attached to them in that the more they are used, the stronger they get. Thought can also be considered a form of energy so everything seems to make sense to me in that light :-). I am now thinking 🤔 about synchronous actions and how when some people, that are close to you think of you, we are able to sometimes sense it, i guess, if we are just “conscious” or aware or thinking of them as well. Sort of like tuning into a radio station that is transmitting energy of a certain frequency. You have opened up my mind, and I thank you for that ☀️☀️☀️

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close