SITE UPDATE – A few changes

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion SITE UPDATE – A few changes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

A quick update –

1 – I want to add more “content” to the site so that visitors have more to read etc. when they are here. This site is – of course – mainly a “dating” site; its primary function is to bring like-minded folk together, to contact each other, and so on.
    But it would be nice to add some interesting stuff, on top of this.
    So if anyone has any ideas – stories, articles, art, music – anything!- which might be included, then please let me know. Comment below or send me a PM.

2 – I am including a block of recent Personal Ads on the front page, just to add a bit of interest to the page. This should also help make those Personal Ads more visible. They will be replaced by new ones every few days, as necessary. Let me know if you like or dislike this change.

3 – Google-search has been behaving very erratically recently, sometimes we are totally absent from search results, for a day at a time. This causes new visitor numbers to drop massively, down to about 25% of normal. Not much I can do about it, and it shows just how much sites like this rely on Google. Not good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, thanks for all the cool stuff on here.
    I would say, the members are all over the world, and it is difficult to find LOCAL people, so please make searching as granular as possible. Maybe do marketing in targeted cities?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Hi Rick, search-by-state in the USA works well, and for a more localised search you can try using the map. I admit that the map search function is a little awkward (typing the map numbers into the search box) but it’s the best I could do, I don’t really have any tech skills to speak of.
    Anyway, thanks for your comments.

UPDATE: Rick, I have added a new section to the search box (“Find any word”) which should help you with a more “granular” search.

PJ
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Wyoming

Why should larger cities get all the attention, I live in the least populated state theres more cows than people only because people dont like our sub zero winters. Though this year is turning out to be on the mild side so far this winter. If you look on the map I’m the only one on it.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

PJ, I suppose the site member-numbers in any particular state reflect the population of that state/area, more or less. Just look at North & South Dakota, zero members!
    You might find a few new members sign up near you, now you’re on the map.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would be great that this site becomes a portal.
    Even great if the dating function works well, but as an outside US/UK member, it’s quite complicated, I’m sure I will never met a woman for what I seek here.
    But if there’s content to read, discussions with people, it could be fun to log here everyday, see what’s new and so on.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Mr Smith, thanks for your comment.
    It’s true that the USA plus UK makes up about 90% of members here.
    But it should not be complicated for you to use the site to maybe find someone.
    So if you are in France, then (on the Search Box) simply select “France” as the country and “female” , click SEARCH. You can send a Private Message to anyone you like.
    You can try a Personal Ad, I am including small country flags with these on the front page now, might catch someone’s eye.

I will put a blog-style page up soon for articles, stories etc., anything ABF-related. If you would like to submit something in French language then I would be be happy to include it. Might attract some French women to the site! It would be credited to you and would include a link to your profile page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close