Question for the Gentleman

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Question for the Gentleman

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jessica
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Indiana

Sometimes I just have to laugh.

Guys, is this the way to reply?

You send a message and and want to talk. I give you my email so we can get to know each other.

You ask for me to be up front and honest.

I give you honesty and tell you I cannot meet your expectations and hope you find someone closer to you.

You say you, I’m not surprised at your reply!!.

I was being honest and nice.

You didn’t like it.

✍️Philip❤️‍🔥U♔🦮
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Virginia

Speaking for myself, I’ll accept any turn-down if someone takes the time to explain themselves (your response above would be sufficent in my book.) I just can’t stand starting a conversation and, if someone feels we aren’t a match, just cutting off contact. As a writer, “constructive criticism” is my favorite phrase in the English language.

Just Jay
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Not many men are good with rejection same way not many women are hood with rejection.

I’d accept my fate and move on tbh🤷🏾‍♂️.

The reaction is always more telling than the response.

We can’t gauge how we deliver the message and reaction via text not every reaction is a negative reaction, and not everything is clear on text form we have to put that into perspective by the way.

Jay
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Minnesota

First, I’m so sorry you have to deal with this sort of immaturity. I’m not surprised, but I am sorry.

Some men haven’t learned how to handle disappointment with acceptance and aplomb.

It is always better to accept a kind rejection and wish then well, perhaps with a qualifier. “I appreciate your honesty. I hope you find someone that better fits your needs. If you change your mind, I’m always happy to strike up a new conversation. Good-bye.”

Most of the time, you won’t hear from people again, but you’ve done two things– you’ve been a decent person and allowed them to feel okay about the community, in general; and you’ve left the door open.

If the lady continues to feel comfortable and finds someone else that fits her better, that means that other man is no longer competing for the attentions of other potential ladies in your area. It also means if your paths cross again, you might get a second chance. That happened with me.

I had a lady who was not interested here in this website. I wished her well and she and I started taking a couple months later in a different website. This time, though, because she’d had time to speak with me again and because I was polite and willing to listen to her and her concerns, we met safe have begun having occasional sessions together.

In your particular situation, maybe something happens and one or both of you move and the problem from before evaporates. If he had been civil before, perhaps you might have been interested in looking him up. As it is, he’s scorched the Earth.

I hope you find every happiness.

NeedANewBreastFriend
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Nevada

As someone else mentioned, I wouldn’t need a full novel, but just a short no thank you and here is area where we don’t match up would be nice.

Ghosting sucks but is common, but just as common is “no thanks” with no explanation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To like or not like a person’s reply and the way a person replies is totally based on one’s outlook/way of thinking.

Each person thinks and lives a life in their own way.
    Nobody is wrong in any which way.

An adult person will not categorize wordings/replies.
    To do so is called JUDGING the opposite person.

Don’t forget, others can equally judge you too, on the the way you react.
    NO HUMAN BEING IS PERFECT.
    And there is nothing perfect in this universe!!!

There is a truth of life –
    How others come forth to you, is their Karma.
    How YOU REACT to them, is your karma.

Anyone who considers themseleves an adult, mature enough, woulc know this truth of life!!

Bob willis
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Michigan

Make one or a couple passes and if there no connection time to move on. EOD.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Honest clear reply is better than going on silent or ignoring or blocking.
    I always appreciate honest I answer. My reply in that situation will be, sorry we are different. Good luck. Hope you will find the one who you are looking for.

Joe
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

plus one for what @philip364 said!

Angelo
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Illinois

Some people don’t handle rejection well, to me a “not interested” is more than sufficient for me to move on.

Nobody should have to explain why.

What I find very annoying it’s the non response, I always end my introduction messages with “if not interested whatsoever,please feel free to just block me”

I understand that there are some irritating first messages like “hi there cutie”, “what size are u”, “nice tits”.
    But when someone takes the time to write a respectful introduction, it should earn a response, still its one’s prerrogativa to respond or not.

I still prefer to get blocked than the non response.

And for those that doesn’t get the meaning of “no thanks”, you should enforce the “block” button without hesitation 😅

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close