Is it just me? Or was it something I said?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Is it just me? Or was it something I said?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This has happened to me for the third time now and I am wondering if it’s me or something I said.
    I have met several nice gentlemen from this site and have started conversations with them. I have gotten to know them to the point that we have decided we want to try to start a relationship.
    Then I get ghosted.
    No excuse. No explanation. No nothing. What am I doing wrong?!

Tim
    Spectator
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Oh deb sorry to hear that as you’re a very nice lady x

Dylan
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

I doubt you’re doing anything wrong at all. Stuff like this happens in regular dating and ANR seems to dial that up to another degree. God knows why. Don’t let it discourage you, as difficult as that sounds. The right partner is out there.

Rob
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

It’s certainly not you Deb. I’ve had that myself many times – chatting happily with a woman who seems interested, then suddenly she stops replying to me with no explanation. In my case, I’m a gentleman who knows when to leave a person be, even if it’s a rather rude end to what started out so promising.

Easy as it is to say, don’t let it put you off too much. I used to think it was something I said, but clearly some people just have a habit of this, men and women like. It’s annoying, but it’s something we have to put up with in our search for ‘the one’.

Nick
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • New York

Deb, sorry to hear that. It happens to all of us, male or female members. Just keep patience. You will meet right person.

Jack B
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

So sorry to hear that and it’s happened to me a coupon of times.
    It always starts quite normal and then gets intense and then nothing. Just stops and they disappear. It’s very disheartening I know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The best solution to being ghosted is to never stop believing. Your ANR is out there. Eventually, the ANR you seek will remain “in frame” long enough to get a good, clear high-definition picture of it, and then you’ll know how real it is.

L.
    Participant

@chaoticmiss469 Joining you in that same boat, Deb. Connected with someone from this site, we’d moved to talking offline through Snapchat and seems they’ve just disappeared on me now (no sign of their account on here anymore either…). It’s super frustrating and makes it that much harder to open up the next time I feel a connection with someone here. 😔

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t let it get you down. I assure you, if I lived closer to you, I would be happy to meet you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Miss i think all of us have had that same interaction many times, especially if you’ve been into this online community for a number of years. I agree with what some have said here…don’t give up hope. Personally, I have much tired of having my time wasted, so I am very selective on how many pictures I give out,and I make them send me a live camera picture via kik before I will even chat with them. Unfortunately alot of people are looking for the attention and visual stimulation that brings that dopamine rush and not much else.
    With anr…this is such a tender and delicate thing for alot of us, in which our heart strings get involved. It stings a bit when we open up to share and people take advantage of that & then disappear. I firmly believe we each have a just right match out here and we just have to wait for that. I have been into anr for 7 yrs and I have yet to find my one and only.

Keep your chin up lovely. The best is yet to come 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

It happens to many of us, Maybe some have plenty of offers/ choice & just suddenly shut down when they’ve got someone else. A thanks but no thanks would be polite, only life isn’t like that. either we stay & move on or we call it a day. Think I’ll keep around for a while longer. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you everyone for the wonderful encouragement you have given me. 😊 I have made peace with my experience and am willing to try again. I have had the wonderful pleasure to meet several new friends because of your help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just seeing this now. I just got stung big time on the subject. In mid-April a married female doctor from NYC reached out to me as she was planning to move back to MA in June and she wanted to set up a married-for-married ABF arrangement. (Our respective SO’s despise anything to do with ANR and will not partake in it.) We chatted on kik almost daily and everything was great. She was even lactating which was making me beielive I could finally fullfil my life long dream of discovering what a lactating lady tastes like. Oh, I was so looking forward to us meeting. Anyways, she moved and then things started getting “quieter”. I asked a couple times about getting together and she never replied/addressed the subject but instead she just started talking about being busy an tired of unpacking. I decided to give her a few days off from me chatting her up everyday. (Good morning, how’s your day type things.) When I reached out again I discovered she blocked me. So two months of an investment gone just like that, with any explanation. So I feel your pain. This one is hurting a whole lot. Being married and into this is such a curse.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Deb I’m glad to know it’s not just me. I was thinking maybe some just want the online attention. I tend to get ghosted once I ask for that “meet”. So now sorry folks I don’t send pictures until you send me a kik or phone number to text and a picture. I’m tired to sending my boobs around the world and then crickets.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’m afraid that happens to everyone on this site, you chat to someone for a while and think you are getting on and then all of a sudden they vanish, its happened to me lots of times, so don’t feel bad about it, its just that there’s no genuine people on here,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close