Travel Advice Needed

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Travel Advice Needed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jess
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • Michigan

Hello all. So I have a couple trips planned in the near future. Both are without my husband so I will have to pump regularly. The issue is that both trips are with other family members who are not aware of this aspect of our marriage. The first trip, I will be sharing a large AirB&B with 12 other family members (which will also include sharing a bedroom with not only my preteen daughter, but also probably my mom and aunt). The second is a cruise with my mom and daughter. I’m looking for advice from anyone who has found themselves in a similar situation. What are the best strategies for getting private time away from the others to pump?

Lucy
    Participant
    • Female
    • United Kingdom

Could you pump in the bathroom/bath/shower where I assume you can be left alone? I’d make use of the time when everyone is asleep too, last thing, first thing and overnight. Also if you have a car and drive you can nip out to the shop, find a safe spot and pump in the car. How many times a day do you think you’ll need to pump?

Do you have the hidden, wearable pumps? If not could you hire them for your trips? I’d also say if you only have a single pump at least get a double one so you are pumping both breasts in half the time!

I’m assuming that you have a milk supply and are not just still inducing. Don’t forget that you can hand express/massage too.

It’s easy to get “lost” on cruise ships so you can always say you are going to use the toilet and explain the length of time you were away by saying you couldn’t find it so went back to your cabin to use that one. I was separated from my husband for almost 2 hours on a cruise ship once as I went back to the cabin and couldn’t remember which deck I’d left him on!

Jessica 🍓🥛
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

It will be really hard to pump. I would hand express in the shower and every time you go to the bathroom. Just lean over the bathroom sink to keep from getting milk everywhere.
    Unfortunately, sometimes on trips like that, you loose a little traction. Hand expressing is the quietest though and you don’t have to worry about trying to sneak the pumps around.
    Plus, the husband will have to do his part to help you stay on track as much as possible 😉

Jess
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Michigan

Thanks for the responses. I have double Elvie pumps, but they are quite noticeable when wearing them. I think I could take a small hand pump and use it in the bathroom frequently… just stash it at the bottom of a big bag. Hubby is VERY good at keeping me accountable. I have an app that I keep track of pumping and nursing sessions that he reviews each evening and he also has me text him at the start and finish of every pumping session when we are apart so he can compare the two. If I miss a session or am late… or miss taking my lactation supplements, there are consequences (this was my request cause I can be lazy about it). He is agreeable to a modified schedule during my trips, but is very adamant that I don’t lose progress/momentum/production.

Jessica 🍓🥛
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

That is so wonderful that he is so helpful with the process!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close