REGLAN HAZARD PSA?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion REGLAN HAZARD PSA?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Having listened to Mikalah’s Lactation Station podcast titled “Me, Supplements, Dopamine and Medications” at 31:30 I just learned that Reglan MAY cause ” tardive dyskinesia, a serious movement disorder that is often irreversible.”

Wait; what?!?!?!

I searched it to confirm or refute the claim and found these; https://www.bing.com/search?q=tardive%20dyskinesia%20reglan%20.gov&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=tardive%20dyskinesia%20reglan%20.gov&sc=1-30&sk=&cvid=4ED20EF6E16B4FDBB59650ED9CE48D63

It was estimated that in 2011 Reglan was being used by approximately 2 million Americans despite a “Black box warning.”

About a tenth of a second later I realized, to my horror, I know a gal who’s taking this med for the lactation side effect. This friend of mine is one of the sweetest, purest, most honest people I know.

I contacted her and as gently as I could, made her aware of what I had learned. I could tell by her replies she was not happy with this new information and, I suspect, not happy with this bearer of bad news.

I asked her how long she had been taking it and she indicated she was just past the 12 weeks mark. I asked her how she had managed to get this med without a prescription and she said a doctor friend HAD given her a prescription. I asked her if he had mentioned any potential side effects and she said he had not. I asked her why she had opted for Reglan over Domperidone. She said it was more difficult to get the Dom, then she bristled so I discontinued the questions. She did say though that the dose she was taking was very low.

I have never been a fan of pharmaceuticals for inducing lactation but I realize people have their reasons for choosing to use them. Considering the serious potential side effects of Reglan for this off-lable use though, I can’t imagine anyone wanting to try it at ANY dosage.

I am daily impressed by the sense of community on this website. Increasingly ANR/ ABF neophytes find their way here first, which says a lot. Michael’s venue is, if not the single most important clearinghouse for ANR / ABF information, well on its way to being so.

Does this information about Reglan merit any special treatment by this community? The women who stand to be injured by this med are OUR community aren’t they? Is this subject too far off topic? How else / where else is this information ever EFFECTIVELY going to be disseminated? What would be the best way to give it the appropriate amount of attention without distracting from the main purpose of the site? Is this too much ado about nothing?

Comments?

ABF Guy
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • California

Reglan sounds bad.

This podcast, however, sounds great! I just started listening. Mikalah, discussing ABF, says ABF will “boost oxytocin and leave you feeling in a really great mood. WHO wouldn’t want to do that?!” (you have to hear her intonation)

I’m excited to listen to this podcast and expand my knowledge.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would never consider taking Reglan, I did my research about 2 years ago with the help of Google and the Physicians Desk Reference. After considering Domperidone for about 9 months I decided to order it. I’m not worried about taking it based on my research and health history. I had a heart ultrasound and wore a holster monitor for 3 days when my doctor thought I might have an irregular heartbeat about 13 years ago, everything was good. I have not had any negative side effects to Domperidone, not even headaches and I have started and stopped taking it 3 times in the last year and a half.

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • Canada

It’s not a popular opinion among the ANR community but any pharmaceutical or supplement used for a purpose or dose other than intended, can potentially cause harm and be dangerous.

Especially since women rarely have a candid discussion with their doctor about possible implications and interactions with health conditions or medications.

It’s not just the physical side effects of these substances but the mental and emotional impact as well as that of inducing lactation, particularly if not supported by a loving partner.

The body and brain can be pushed too hard and the need to have milk and be nursed can become an obsession.

Inducing lactation impacts hormone levels and the chemical balance in a woman’s brain. It also can make women more vulnerable and lower her inhibitions.

A sad cautionary tale occurred many years ago where a woman in the ANR community took very high doses of Domperidone and the whole gambit of herbs in excess too.

She spent a lot of time flying to places to meet men so she could be nursed.

Her inhibitions became very low, her desperation for a partner grew, it was a very unhealthy situation.

Tragically she took her own life in the end.

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Canada

Another thing I’ll mention is there’s a large number of women who have induced lactation on a fetish site that group purchase their Domperidone at a ridiculously low price through a middle man and it comes labelled as razor blades to get it through customs.

I’d like to think most people have more sense than that but the drive to lactate can cause some women to do dangerous things and take risks they would not otherwise.

We’re each responsible for our own research and determining what risk level we’re comfortable with, but it’s nice to have a community here where we try to help and protect each other.

LadyOceana
    Participant
    • Female
    • Canada

While the information here is great, it’s barely a drop in the bucket to what can be found on Fetlife strangely enough. There are seemingly endless categories of pump reviews and every other thing you could imagine to do with lactation. A vast range ofgroups on the various associated topics with lactation too.

Not much to be found on the ANR connection which most of us seek but in terms of information it’s astonishing.

There’s very knowledge people who have groups and share their insight and offer support.

Unfortunately I found the place much like wading through the muck to find the treasure and overall find the site disturbing, however – if it’s information you’re after combined with a wealth of shared experience, it’s there in spades.

In fact that’s how I found this site. People there were listing their ABFHeaven profile links.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close