In person group meetings

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion In person group meetings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I realizes there alot of women and men who travel on this site and it reminded me of a guy who threw parties across the nation. How about having abf meet ups through our the us. Every other month in a different states both on East and west coast

Example march- Philadelphia/ washington
    May- north Carolina/ California
    July- Florida /Arizona

This provides a safe space to meet up and local like minded people

What does people think about that ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I personally would not attend a meetup with people I did not know beforehand. In my experience having been involved in the kink scene for more than 7 years, there will always be a group of men at these events expecting to get more than conversation out of them. The events get viewed as a matchmaking evening rather than a meet and greet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great response. So the event would be a safe space to meet those who were invited through conversation like in the chat rooms for example.

Great input

Dr Sensitive
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • California

I personally arranged and hosted a string of ANR meetups, quite a long time in the past.

These were lunch gatherings that were well attended and very fun, with some people arriving from all over the U.S. Everyone was very polite and respectful, and everyone, including the women, felt very safe.

So it is possible, but times have changed since I was host. Today, I think any such attempts would fail without the direct involvement of what I’d term “anchors” – women that can foster an environment that makes other women feel safe and welcome enough to join.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@almondmilkownly not everyone I’ve encountered in chat is someone I would feel comfortable with meeting in person. The logistics of pulling off something like this are very complicated. Starting with vetting the attendees, security, venue, cost, etc.

Jessa The Magical A cup🐰❤️
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Virginia

I’d definitely be open to it depending on the host, rules, etc. As always there’s concerns, so really depends on circumstances

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see. Elizabeth. What suggestions would you make to ensure you felt safe?

btrfly
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

I love the idea. But of course.. I’ve done it!!! I used to host these anr events called meet n greets in Las Vegas. Everyone, I know, loves going there. I’d pick a restaurant on one night, and we’d meet for dinne with no expectations of anything else.

Back then, this was all started in a kik group with ppl I “kinda of” knew and liked from kik. One year we had 12 ppl come from all over the states. 8 of them woman. Lmao…we love an excuse to vacation and drink!! It was one of the BEST times I had meeting like minded ppl that I had never met before, but wanted too over the course of 5-10 years.

Now, I co host socal events. 🙂 I have 10 regulars there! Next month will be at universal studios!!!

I’m a social butterfly. It’s doable. If you want too.

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

I think personally it would be a great idea and provide an opportunity for Adults to meet the people they’ve been online friends with, meet new friends, and have a wonderful social event.

Any woman not feeling comfortable in a social setting really needs to find a different therapist and get out more.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@pawsda23 that’s quite the jump to make. There are a lot of people out there pretending to be someone they are not for nefarious reasons. A man in Lincoln was robbed a few weeks ago on a first date, the date and her boyfriend set him up. Women have been drugged in social settings and followed home. There is a reason safety is preached when it comes to meeting anyone for anything.

Gumdrops (ToT)
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Missouri

The trick behind dating anyone on line is to use your head and common sense. Unfortunately most caregiving careers and romanticists don’t take into consideration that NOT every human is honest, sincere, moral, or legal. I feel sorry for those who do not do their homework when meeting someone anywhere and for those who walk down a dark street anywhere or stop on the side of the road to help an unknown stranger.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@almondmilkownly Part of it would depend on the size of the group. A public location large enough that people can move around a chat in smaller groups if they want/need.

Designated trustees- a couple of people that can be trusted with keeping the meet up safe, by telling someone to chill, giving them the boot, calling the cops if need be.

I would want something similar to what is in place at dungeon events. If you want I will pm you some links or more info on how those are managed.

btrfly
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • USA
    • California

This is where I am going to jump in
    and give my. 02 cents. and say A group setting is safer Then one on one. You ALWAYS have safety in numbers I have been hosting these events for over 10 years and not once have I had a creepy vibe, an overly familiar jerk, touching ppl inappropriately or acting a fool, in any kind of way. In fact. I recommend, all those looking to get into anr go to a meet n greet or meet first. In public. A one on one should always have a safe call in place.

I shudder in fear when I hear ppl meeting for the first time at a hotel. There is no guarantee there is just one guy behind that door or a weapon. Nope. Not me. One on one. Is NEVER ok with me. But that’s me.

A restaurant is perfect ideal place. It gives everyone the opportunity to say hello, especially when most are shy. In a group setting the topic is hardly EVER about ANR as this is a public place. This is a get to know your peers. Kinda thing..so you learn, they are pet ppl, you learn he drives his mom to appts. (Any guy in my eyes who treats his mother sweetly is a great guy to start). The opportunity is there to learn more then you ever will on dating site.. and I find most pll who come out to a meet are not hiding their true identity. They are genuine in their need, to find their life partner.

Lastly…as the host..one can set rules.. Rules are very clear on who and how to receive invite.

My rule. Be active in your community. That gets you points. Everywhere.

Lastly, with a public event in a public place, there’s always the choice to leave if you don’t feel comfortable or not attend at all. You can’t control who attends a party either. People who are creepy usually can’t control themselves in settings like this site and subsequently don’t receive invites.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great words of advice btrfly. Thank you for the very informative tips

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would definitely go if it was in a public place.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close