I was blocked for asking questions about their partner

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion I was blocked for asking questions about their partner

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Will-doit24
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Oklahoma

So I was on another platform, someone offered an opportunity to have an abf session and they would pay for a room because they could find any partners in their area. Well being I just started talking to them and they were a good distance away, so I asked if we could meet at a half way point. They replied they could not travel at the time.
    We continued to talk and feel each other out but I saw when they relationship. I asked if their bf or hubby was ok with us meeting? Well after several minutes of times had elapsed, they responded that their partner was their gf and not their boyfriend and blocked me. When I looked at the the pics it wasn’t obvious that is she was female.
    Being I am new to anr/abf, did I do something wrong by asking if their partner was okay with meeting? Also, should I have address the relationship question differently or another way? I am just wondering?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Sounds a wee bit like a scam, possibly.
    Anything unusual should get your guard up.
    A woman offering to pay for a hotel room if you travel to her area is UNUSUAL.
    That should set alarm bells ringing, immediately.

On ABFheaven, you have multiple ways to protect yourself.
    You can swap voice messages … BEFORE you make plans to meet.
    You can voice chat live … BEFORE you make plans to meet.
    You can video chat live …etc.
    You can be pretty sure that users you chat to are WHERE they say they are and WHAT they say they are ..all taken care of behind the scenes by Admin and our site Welcome Team.

Don’t get scammed. It’s easy to protect yourself.

Will-doit24
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Oklahoma

Thanks I didn’t see as a scam because she didn’t ask me for money YET, but I think she hadn’t talked to her partner who was an over the road truck driver. So she felt caught or exposed tbh but flags did go up as something was not legitimate.

Jessica 🍓🥛
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Oregon

Well unfortunately, not all scams are about money. Although women have to be at an enhanced caution level regarding our physical safely, so do men. There are people on the internet that could physically harm you and/or rob you in person. Although, most of these scammers are just out to waste your time and efforts. They may plan to meet you, not show up and block you. It’s strange, but some people really find some pleasure in wasting others time that way.

Will-doit24
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Oklahoma

@daydreamer I never realized that those actions are considered scams why someone do that? Smh well I believe karma is real and we get what back what we do to others.

Jessica 🍓🥛
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Oregon

That is true. The not really meeting someone is a common problem that I’ve heard of actually. I don’t understand it, but it seems to happen a lot. I’m not sure it’s necessary a “scam”, but it often feels that way to those who really get excited to meet someone and it happens to them

#1 Steve
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Texas

Consider yourself lucky. It is obvious that she is a nut case. You dodged a bullet.

If she could not understand a simply mistake this early, how would she be in the future? Also, how mal-adjusted and insecure in her own life is she if that set her off?

Just keep swimming.

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

@tuehlykv What do you mean by “WHAT they say they are”? What all do you check for, exactly? I initially read that as meaning gender, but you’d have no way of knowing that, unless I’m missing something. Also, in today’s climate people can be whatever gender they choose or it can change. Just want to be clear on just how vetted someone is from this site. On another ANR site I’m on, we check ID in order to get verified.

Of course you know that I’m a girl because we’ve talked, but I think even that could be deceiving.

I appreciate all that you do to keep us safe, just clarifying. Thanks.

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Effervescent .. Ok, it’s time for me to fess up.
    I’m a psychic.
    I do palm reading.
    And tea leaves too, sometimes.
    No joke, I can literally just look at a profile and sense if the person is lying or not.
    Don’t ask me to explain it, it just is.

Hope that clarifies things for ya!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Effervescent1
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • California

@tuehlykv <putting on my tin foil hat and rinsing out my teacup> 😂

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

@willok24 Either way, this person comes across as flaky if you could be conversing one moment, then ghosted the next. There’s a very special place under my toilet seat for grown-ups that ghost.

A casual enquiry about the other’s status shouldn’t be a big deal. Unless there was active deceit.

You are well rid of that person.

June
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male & Female
    • United Kingdom

@tuehlykv. Now suddenly things make sense. 🧐

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close