Do you think breastfeeding can heal trauma?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Do you think breastfeeding can heal trauma?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t want to go into details, but I’ve read some things about this. However I can’t verify their validity. If a person suffered from high anxiety or seizures, do you think breastfeeding could heal them?

Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Female
    • Rep. of Ireland

I’m not sure about seizures but anxiety yes. I think abf is a very calming and meditative pastime to partake in. I know when I put my breast pumps on they instantly calm me and could almost put me to sleep.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My late wife suffered terribly with postnatal depression after the birth of our first child, and once we added wet ANR to our relationship it definitely made a huge difference and turned the situation around. We continued that bond right through the birth of our second child and after that birth she had no postnatal depression at all. Whether ANR was the defining healer I don’t really know but it certainly in my mind was a game changer. We enjoyed that bond for 12 full years until she sadly passed away from cancer

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry for your loss brother. I don’t know much about postnatal depression, except that’s it’s very real. Glad you shared such a bond.

Jessica
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Indiana

I don’t believe nursing can heal, but it most certainly can help people with anxiety to soothe and help calm them.

I have done numerous nursing sessions over the years with partners with PTSD and high stress jobs, they all said nursing calms them. So it may not heal,but gives them a few hours of peace and calm.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can tell you that when I was suffering from extreme sleep deprivation an Eritrean lady at work gave me the solution of warm milk and honey, which is very effective. Having never experienced an ABF relationship, and not even being breastfed because of birth trauma, I love the idea of falling asleep in a suckling position, for both partners.

Grogman 🚀⚡️❄️
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Ohio

@jessica654u For certain that it helps with ptsd and anxiety. I can only imagine how regular nursing sessions would lessen the tension. It is so very nice to lose oneself for a while.

Anonymous
    Inactive

From personal experience, I can assert that nursing is a miracle stress reliever. It is the only activity I know of that relaxes me completely and utterly. And removing stress works wonders for overall health. I don’t know about “healing trauma”, but I’d say there is a strong, indirect, relationship between nursing and well-being.

Anonymous
    Inactive

An ex anr partner would nurse from me. And, he would mention to me how nursing helped him deal with and alleviate his stress and anxiety.

NoSpiltMilk
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • California

Great question.

Past partners and I have experienced many benefits of nursing.

An increased tolerance to immediate challenges that may be stressful.

The sense of being safe in the moment, which nursing can provide in abundance.

A space to be able to let go of past issues or traumas more easily, and less anxious thoughts about the future.

Physically, it feels like I’m “carrying around” less tension in my body, day to day, when I had a nursing partner. Like you might feel if you had a great massage everyday. Not bad at all.

Mentally, more focused and less distracted, and emotionally grounded.

The connection to my partner was really important. Being able to be supportive while being supported. It feels good to give.

For me, it’s a very individual and intimate miracle of sorts.

It can be very healing, to a point.
    I consider deep relaxation to be a good “healer” in itself.

Without going into specifics, nursing has helped me in some pretty incredible and unexpected ways.

Nursing opens the door to many wonderful possibilities. Much, if not all, has to do with my connection to my partner, not just the physical act of nursing.

Cremosa78
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • California

Seizures are very complex and I do not believe ABF can help them but most definitely a stress reliever 100%

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cremosa78

I used to have seizures as a child, an effect from being born with Scarlet Fever, which had me quarantined at birth. As I got older they went away, but started up again from brain trauma injuries playing hockey. Since I stopped competitive sports, it hasn’t been an issue. Fyodor Dostoevsky, who was epeleptic, described seizures as a spiritual awakening. They are not well understood in the medical field. I read something on a site called Experience Project that talked about ABF healing them, but that was just a lot of freelance writing and fantasy role play, I believe. I can’t see how ABF would be anything but a stress reliever, in reality.

Janey
    Participant
    • Female
    • USA
    • Texas

I really believe that it can heal so many things. I have lupus & nursing relieves pain & sleeplessness. The oxytocin released really seems to help.

Marty
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

I would say so. I was sexually assaulted when I was travelling as teenager. Like most things with me, the effect of that trauma didn’t hit me until much later. I’ve found suckling, among other things, allows me to learn how to not get stuck inside my head and relive that trauma. Like others have said, it’s a great stress reliever. I find now that I don’t need to suckle to not get stuck inside my head with a new partner. I think my suckling experiences have taught me what I once forgot, which is to be present in the moment and not get stuck inside my head.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with others, nursing is a great stress and anxiety reliever. I find that even reading stories about adult nursing can help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close