Anyone help me with the maps?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Anyone help me with the maps?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • United Kingdom

Wondering if anyone would volunteer to help me out with keeping the maps up-to-date? You would only need to do it once a week …
    – simply download the map image to your computer (they are simple GIF image files)
    – open the image in any graphics editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, etc), then add the red/blue markers for new members.
    – You can get a list of recent new members by using the SEARCH box, and then select NEWLY REGISTERED on the results page.
    – You get each member’s location simply by looking at their profile page.
    – Email the updated map to me at (abfadmin@protonmail.com) and I’ll add it to the website.

If anyone fancies helping out, just once a week, please send me a PM.
    Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a graphic designer so I may be able to help if I find the time. Current map layout might have issues crop up as more people join, though.

B
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Washington state

What search box are you referring to, that has an option for newly registered members?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Thanks John, yes they are getting crowded already. Please message me with any help or advice you might offer, I want the maps to remain as simple static images, and not scalable, dynamic, Google-linked maps (for reasons of user-privacy & simplicity)

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@Carl … The option for NEWEST REGISTERED is on the search-results page .. So, 1)on the front page, click the SEARCH button with no options selected 2)now on the results page, there is the option to view the results sorted by RECENTLY ACTIVE, or NEWEST REGISTERED, or ALPHABETICAL ..it’s a small dropdown menu on the right hand side.

B
    Participant
    • Male
    • USA
    • Washington state

I hadn’t even noticed there was a search field on the home page. I only saw the links to the maps, so when I log in I just went straight to the map. Since there is no “search” option on the top level navigating, I just assumed the site didn’t have support for searching yet.

My mistake, I’m glad I know about the search function now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another volunteer here if you still need one.

LondonMan
    Participant
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

Just a suggestion – Maybe have a separate map for each region? i.e. South East, South West, Midlands, North East, North West, Scotland, NI, etc?

Michael_Admin
    Keymaster
    • Male
    • United Kingdom

@londonman…thanks, but that’s probably overkill. The maps are not intended to be especially accurate, just to give a searcher a rough idea of who is close to them so they can quickly view profile pages etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Michael,

Ben Meleck and I are doing something very similar, but with a twist. We are forming Local ABF Clubbs and supporting the Veterans (First Responders, etc) with PTSD (and other ailments) finding volunteering women offering their breasts. We call it W4WW Women 4 Wounded Warriors. We are up to more than a dozen throughout the US. We’ve only been advertising for about three weeks.

We are leaning towards trashing our maps and helping you. Now, I see you actually need help, that’s fortuitous, perhaps for both of us.

I’m retired and devoting all my energies into these projects. Let me know how I can help.

Finally got my profile up on your site.

Nice job, by the way!

Raye

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close