Any other ladies here suffer from ovarian cysts?

Personal Ads & Forum General Discussion Any other ladies here suffer from ovarian cysts?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the grim title, which may seem irrelevant to this site, but if I can elaborate, I think there’s a connection.

I found out within the last year that I have a large cyst on my left ovary. I am currently waiting for an ultrasound scan to see if it needs treatment, as it doesn’t seem to be going away on it’s own.

I’ve noticed that when it’s flaring up, my breasts, especially my nipples, are feeling extremely sensitive and I’m feeling the urge to stimulate them to get relief. I use a breast pump once a day, because I enjoy how it feels and it makes my breasts fuller and nipples more pert.

I don’t do it more often than once a day because I don’t want the inconvenience of lactating when I don’t have a partner. I’m just wondering if any other women here have A: ovarian cyst causing breast tenderness that’s relieved by pumping/suckling, or B: pumping for reasons other than inducing lactation? Would also like to hear from anyone who knows how many times a day an average woman can pump without inducing lactation. I know it’s different for everyone, but even if someone could tell me what to watch out for, so I can reduce how much I pump, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance 😁

Sam
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Texas

Hello Rachy. I am so sorry for your problem with the cyst. I have a chiropractor that has several women with endometriosis and cysts preventing them from being pregnant and enjoying life without pain. He doesn’t heal their disease at all he says but their disease has gone away for all of them that I know of. He only creates the situation where the brain can receive and give information to and from the tissues. Then the brain is fully capable of dealing with any of those problems. I am not being paid by him in any way. I just know people get relief when he works on them from many medical problems. He teaches and practices chiropractic the way it began before insurance messed it up. It has totally changed how they get paid. It won’t pay for X-rays and won’t allow for the maintenance that keeps that information flowing back and forth. I believe so much disease, pain, and death would be avoided if chiropractic was embraced by the medical society. But you have to get one that practices it the way it began.

I can tell you more only if you are interested. I have no other interest in telling you this besides my wanting your freedom from pain and that cyst ruling your breasts or any other part of you. You don’t have to have an ovary removed or just the cyst, (which has some likelihood to reappear later).

Please let me know if you want to know anymore about him or how he practices. He has tons of videos on YouTube and Rumble. And I am so sorry this message is so long. I hope you receive this well. And I will not be offended if you want no more info from me about it. I wish you well, sweet Rachy. Very well.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Pennsylvania

Hi Rachy,

Some types of ovarian cysts secrete excess estrogen and progesterone into the bloodstream, and can cause the body to feel bloated, and the breasts to become sore and the nipples more sensitive…like they do in early pregnancy. It sounds like your cyst is doing this.

Another reference I read says that hormonal imbalances can be the cause of some ovarian cysts to form. I hope you would consult a functional medicine doctor to have your hormones tested and work with you to get them back into balance, so that you don’t have to suffer with the pain and discomfort anymore.

As to the last question about pumping frequency and not wanting to induce lactation. If you notice more than usual breast tenderness or anything more than clear (sometimes brownish) lymphatic fluid being discharged by the nipple, then you are beginning to lactate and should cut back your frequency of pumping. Every woman is different, of course, with different levels of prolactin, but that is a way to have your own body tell you what is enough vs too much stimulation to meet your goals.

Best,

Yogi

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sam and thankyou for taking the time to write such a thorough response! I did used to go to a chiropractor years ago for another health problem but unfortunately it didn’t help me. That’s not to say that the chiropractor you know of wouldn’t help, of course.

The health system is somewhat different here in the UK, so I don’t pay for tests or treatment, but the waiting lists are long! I have a feeling that they will either do nothing or drain or remove the cyst, which as you say would probably mean it would return. I want to have it removed really, as I don’t need my ovaries at the age of 42 😂 I had my 2 kids in my 20’s so that part of my life is done now. But my GP, which I think is equivalent to your primary care doctor 🤔 said is probably not an option due to risk of infection 🙄 anyway, I’ll find out after the scan I think.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Yogi and thanks for your reply. I had a read up of the hormonal symptoms as well and some of them seem to apply to me, while others not so much. I’m definitely getting this sensitivity more than usual around the time of ovulation and it’s every other month, when my left ovary is doing it’s thing, so I think it’s just a very exaggerated hormonal response to ovulation. I don’t feel bloated in general and I’m not getting any other symptoms that I had in early pregnancy with my kids. I will ask the doctor to order blood tests for hormone levels if it goes on for much longer though, as I am concerned about the effects on my health.

Thankyou for the constructive advice on pumping, it’s good to know what to look out for. I’ll have to try not to get too carried away 😂

Flowrgardn
    Participant
    • Female
    • Looking for: Male
    • USA
    • Iowa

@rachyj Each woman’s body is different, as is how it reacts to the type of pump used. It would be unique to each situation. However, you can simply slow or limit your pumping when getting too close to lactation. The first signs you are getting closer is a “dirty” discharge from the nipples (clearing out of old cells), that will eventually turn to a clear discharge. It is usually sticky, but there is not a lot. Your breasts will become fuller as they continue to prepare to lactate. When the clear discharge starts to have some milky color in parts of it, though still not much discharge, that is a sign that you are getting closer to the final stages of lacatation. If you reach that level, just pump to that # of times only….don’t increase pumping and you may wish to decrease one pumping a day to keep you there (lor whatever stage you want to hold at). You are not lactating, but simply in the preparation process at that point. Pumping would keep you at that “status quo” level.

Sam
    Participant
    • Male
    • Looking for: Female
    • USA
    • Texas

@rachyj I am not sure if it is an option in your case, especially with your added health issues crowding your life but I have always been so impressed with the women and/or mothers that produce much more milk than their needs require. So they donate to a hospital or milk bank. Many have heard of this but some haven’t. But I think it is such a beautiful and needed thing for an already struggling infant to get the much better nutrition and especially your precious antibodies. It would be an amazing gift to do, even though you would never know whose life it saved. So if lactation is close, it might be better to go ahead and let it go into full lactation and donate it. And the health benefit to you from lactating would also be in place too. You have such a precious gift you can give in a relationship or out. Just a thought… Bless you, sweet woman.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the practical advice. I’ve been getting the clear fluid for a while, even from just pumping once a day. I’ve had 2 kids but they’re teenagers, so I haven’t produced much milk for a long time, although I think I was lactating a bit during my ANR last year, as he was swallowing and burping 😂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t want to lactate without a partner, Sam, as I said in my original post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close